Saturday, January 31, 2009

A Prayer in the Mail

I haven't had a sale in my Etsy shop since before the holidays. I took a break over Christmas when my daughters were home and I think I made the best choice. However, lo and behold, a quilt sold yesterday!!! I was doing homework at the time so I was pretty excited about it. I made this quilt during the summer with a fun collection of fabric from Clothworks. The designer is Sue Zipkin. I'm not familiar with her work but these caught my eye when I got the Hancock's of Paducah catalog in the mail last year. The title of the quilt is Fruits of the Spirit because I literally machine quilted the words love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self control into the quilt. While doing so I prayed for the child who will eventually be wrapped in it. I have no idea who that child will be, but God in His sovereignty does and I trust Him with those prayers. In addition, this quilt sold to a person who lives in the same town I went to high school in, which is on the West Coast and I now live on the East Coast. Pretty neat, huh? So my day started with an exciting trip to the post office (by the way, Priority Mail rates went up) followed by a few errands and will finish with me doing homework into the wee hours. Well, maybe not the wee hours, but more hours than I had anticipated. Could it have something to do with the hour long haircut I got at a beauty school that normally takes only fifteen minutes elsewhere? My husband asked if she cut each hair one by one!! It sure seemed like it!! No photos to show, thank goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment